ScienceCloud Exchange Acceptable Use Policy
Much of the information on the Site is posted by Users. Please choose carefully the information you post, either in a Profile or elsewhere on the Site. You are solely responsible for what you post. The following is a partial list of what you are prohibited from posting:
- Anything unlawful, libelous, threatening, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable in Biovia’s sole discretion;
- Content or images containing nudity, or materials that may be considered obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, explicit or otherwise objectionable;
- Information prohibited from disclosure under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Content that infringes the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of anyone;
- Any information or data that misrepresents the identity, characteristics or qualifications of you or any other person, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting current or previous positions, qualifications or affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “spam,” ”chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” or any similar form of solicitation. This prohibition includes but is not limited to a) using invitations to send messages to people who don’t know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact; b) using the Services to connect to people who don’t know you and then sending unsolicited promotional messages to those direct connections without their permission; and c) sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases for purposes of spamming;
- Any virus, malware or other harmful code;
- Anything that disrupts or interferes with the Services;
- Any other content that, in Biovia’s sole discretion, undermines the purpose of the Site or otherwise reflects unfavorably upon Biovia, its partners, affiliates or customers.
Be advised that other Users may violate one or more of the above prohibitions, but Biovia assumes no responsibility or liability. If you become aware of misuse of the Site or Services by any person, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Biovia may investigate any complaints and violations that come to our attention and may take any action that we believe is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing the content or terminating accounts and/or Profiles. However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right not to take any action. Under no circumstances will Biovia be liable in any way for any data or other content on the Site, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any such data or content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any data or content on the Site. If at any time you are not happy with the Site or the Services or object to any material on the Site, your sole remedy is to cease using the Site or the Services.